The Program for Excellence & Equity in Research (PEER) is an initiative to increase the number of exceptional underrepresented students graduating with doctoral degrees in STEM disciplines at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. PEER seeks to advance a doctoral student’s competitiveness and interest in their chosen career field by offering professional development, ambitious research and dynamic mentoring opportunities.
Upcoming Events for PEER Scholars
*Earth and Planetary Sciences Building (EPS Building)
Thursday, March 2 – No Class
Friday, March 3 – Cynthia B. Peterson Poster Competition
- Location: The Foundry – On The Fair Site (747 World’s Fair Park Dr.)
- Registration begins at 1:30 pm.
- Poster competition begins at 2:00 pm.
Thursday, March 9
- Topic: Improvisation Workshop
- Location: Communications Building Room 402
- Joshua Peterson, Founding Artistic Director,River & Rail Theatre Company
- Suzie Allard, Ph.D., Associate Dean of Research & Director, College of Information & Communication
Thursday, March 16 – No Class (Spring Break)
Thursday, March 23 – No Class (Symposium)
Saturday, March 25 – PEER Professional & Career Symposium: Taking Charge of Your Career
- Facilitator: Fatimah Williams Castro, Ph.D., Founder of Beyond the Tenure Track
Thursday, March 30
- 1st Year topic: Tools for Writing a Research Statement
- Location: EPS Building 405
- Facilitator: Gladys Alexandre, Ph.D.
- 2nd Year topic: Preparing for the Comprehensive Exam
- Location: EPS Building 413