PEER “Skills for Success” Orientation is a robust and comprehensive 8-day multi-faceted orientation that is organized just for incoming PEER students to provide a successful start in graduate school.
A few outcomes of orientation are:
- Students gain skills to academically and socially transition into their graduate programs;
- Students have a clear understanding of the expectations and initiatives of PEER;
- Students attend a workshop on how to overcome your fear of speaking in public;
- Students gain an understanding of roles and responsibilities of mentor and mentee;
- Students learn about self-efficacy and its role in graduate school;
- Students learn five core concepts of biological literacy, how to read scientific papers, how to ask productive scientific questions and so much more.