Plan It, Own It, Work It Workshop (1/11/2016)
- Synopsis: Where will you be in 5 years, 10 years? Most companies have strategic goals that guide them to greater profitability and productivity, do you have a plan to increase your earning power, find new opportunities and live build a fulfilling career? How will you maximize your full potential and prove yourself to be invaluable to your employer? Plan It, Own It, Work It will help you to:
- Develop a strategic, action-based career plan
- Examine values and their impact on career choices
- Thriving in the first 90 days on the job
- Avoid common career pitfalls
- Build a network of mentors and advocates to guide your growth
- Career Class 1 – Teleconference recording of workshop follow-up call held on 1/19/2016.
- Career Class 2 (Coming Soon!)
Effective College Teaching Workshop (1/5-1/8/2016)
- Synopsis: We have all been students, but have you considered what it would be like on the other side of the desk? This seminar will help you learn about how professors can help students learn, based both upon current research and practices. The principle of backwards design, where instructors design active learning activities based upon desired skill and content goals, will be emphasized. You will experience effective teaching practices, and apply what you learn as you develop a teaching philosophy and a teachable unit, including active learning and assessment strategies. These materials will help you in preparing for teaching assistantships, job interviews, and succeeding as a college or university professor.
- Workshop Materials
- Workshop Videos (To gain access, sign-in with your UT Net ID/Email.)